Ace your VMware VCP6-NV exam, prove your knowledge of NSX network virtualization, and differentiate yourself in one of IT's fastest growing areas: the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC).
The VCP6-NV Official Cert Guide is the only VMware authorized and approved guide to the new VCP6-NV (#2V0-641) certification exam for VMware professionals. Written by leading data center consultant Elver Sena Sosa -- probably the world's #1 NSX expert outside VMware -- this guide fully addresses all aspects of installing, configuring, and administering NSX virtual networking in any environment, with any physical architecture.
Organized to follow VMware Education Services' VCP6-NV Exam Blueprint, it's packed with illustrations, tables, figures, screenshots, and realistic sample test questions -- all designed to help you learn more, learn faster, and remember more.
Drawing on his unsurpassed experience teaching NSX and network virtualization to data center and VMware professionals worldwide, the author covers all this, and more:
- Virtualizing Layer 2 switching and both static and dynamic Layer 3 routing integration
- Managing virtualized network policies to optimize performance and scalability while simplifying administration
- Creating and administering logical switches, Layer 2 bridges, routers, load balancers, VPNs, and firewalls
- Deploying and running virtualized edge services such as DHCP, DNS, and NAT
- Configuring and managing operational tasks such as user permissions and roles, automation, monitoring, logging, auditing, and compliance
- Providing for fast, reliable backup and recovery
- Troubleshooting an enterprise-class NSX networking implementation
- Understanding how VMware network virtualization features and technologies fit together in real-world environments and on your VCP6-NV exam
Throughout, the author presents practical tips, best practices, templates, and tools that will be valuable to all experienced VMware professionals involved in NSX network virtualization, whether they're currently preparing for the exam or not.
Elver Sena Sosa, CCIE 7321 Emeritus (R&S), VCDX-NV (#154), CCSI, VCI. Elver has been working in IT since the late 1990s. Elver started his IT career as an intern network engineer in Appleton, Wisconsin, later moving to Columbus, Ohio, to work with AT&T Solutions. Over the years Elver continued to learn more about different technologies and how these technologies could help solve business problems. Feeling constrained and limited working in a siloed environment, Elver decided to become an independent contractor so that he could help provide technical solutions for as many different clients as possible. Elver currently is the data center infrastructure architect at Hydra 1303, Inc. You can follow Elver on Twitter @ElverS_Opinion, or his blog, http: //blog.senasosa.com.